New Delhi, December 08, 2017: January issue
1. How was the year 2017 for you in terms of Indian tourists visiting your destination?
India Tourism Development Corporation has witnessed the evolution of the tourism and hospitality sectors over years. The business took unexpected turns, leading ITDC to the path of success. ITDC clocked turnover of 495.14 crore during the financial year 2016-17 as against 465.69 crore in the previous year. ITDC achieved highest ever turnover from operations during the year.
Corporation’s flagship property Hotel the Ashok registered its highest ever turnover of Rs. 152.91 Crore during the FY 2016-17. The Ashok also received LEED GOLD Certification under Existing Building Operation and Maintenance category. CEO, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) handed over LEED GOLD Plaque & Certification to then C&MD, ITDC during the felicitation ceremony on 15th February, 2017.
ITDC further expanded the Ashok International Trade Division (AITD) and now operates 12 Duty Free Shops at Goa, Haldia, Kolkata, Chennai, Mangalore, Visakhapatnam, Mumbai, Paradip, Kakinada, Krishnapatnam ,Tuticorin & cochin sea ports.
Sound & Light division (SEL), added new sound & light show at famous Sun Temple of Konark to its ever expanding list. Show at Diu fort is also awaiting formal launch. Monument lighting at five Buddhist monuments in Sarnath-Varanasi was a new achievement for the division in addition to launching impact assessment study of monuments to study impact of sound and light on monuments while mounting shows.
The Ashok, New Delhi was proud recipient of National Tourism Award in the category of ‘Best Hotel Based Meeting Venue’ and “Best Chef” in 4 Star to 5 Star Deluxe, Heritage Classic & Grand Category “ for second time in a row. Chefs of The Ashok Group won some more awards like the Golden Hat Award, Kitchen Artist of the Year Award etc.
The chefs of The Ashok Group participated in Indian Food festivals across the globe in 10 countries including Myanmar, Spain, Lebanon, Netherlands, Congo, Italy, Cambodia, Ghana and earned accolades for country as well as ITDC.
2. What are your expectations/plans from 2018?
ITDC has been a pioneer in hospitality and tourism industry since the time of its inception. Our Major focus is on the development of our flagship property The Ashok, with the aim to make it a World-Class Hotel in the Capital of India, in the times to come.
1. ITDC is being repositioned as one stop solution for meeting hospitality, travel and tourism related needs of prospective customers. Other business verticals of ITDC are being strengthened and developed in view of proposed disinvestment of some hotels;
2. A big push is being given to connect ITDC with new customers especially with younger generation through digital and social media. Steps are being taken to make ITDC website more attractive and user friendly;
3. Introduction of Special Packages/Promotions for hotels and ATT division;
4. A well-equipped digital agency has been appointed to ensure brands presence and engagement on all important platforms.
5. ITDC has initiated a dialogue with State Tourism Departments/ Corporation for strategic alliances to expand our business.
3. Will you be introducing any new promotional campaign or marketing initiative in the coming year?
ITDC aims to build extensive marketing strategies and business plans to leverage on its strength of being pioneer, well recognised and trusted name in hospitality, tour & travel industry. Corporation would continue to aggressively promote and reposition ITDC as “One Stop Solution for all hospitality, travel & tourism related needs” by being more visible in different kind of media including social media to connect with younger generation.
At present our focus for upcoming year lies in renovation of our majestic hotels ‘The Ashok’ and Samrat to bring them at par with best in industry. Upgradation and revamping of websites, forming strategic tie ups with prospective partners to strengthen business verticals and pushing our limits to achieve excellence.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)