New Delhi, September 16, 2018: Travind Institute of Travel and Tourism Management I.Pvt.Ltd an institute based in Pune and academic division of,BTW Group of companies,Pune’s premier academy of Tourism Management successfully awarded “Sandwich Diploma In Travel and Tourism Management “to a batch of 50 students along with official certification from Amadeus and Birds Group for completing the CRS training. The convocation ceremony for the students of academic year 2017-18 batch was organized at MCCIA Trade Towers Pune. The certification is validated by ITT,UK and Travind Institute is the only institute recognized by ITT,UK.
Present at the ceremony were Prof.Archana Biwal as Chief guest, who is the Seniorfaculty of Department Tourism, Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology,Government of Maharashtra,Pune , Author of the book “Tourism Operations and Management” published by Oxford University Press”, along with the board of Directors of Travind Institute Mr.Deep G. Bhong , Mr.VishalTerkar, Mr.PramodDongare , Mr.DattDongare& Mr.Vivek More.
Addressing the ceremony, the Chief Guest said, “As per UNWTO and World Tourism Council Tourism in the past six decades has witnessed huge growth at a faster rate than both the wider economy and other significant sectors such as automotive, financial services and health care. As per World Travel and Tourism Council Report 2018, tourism accounted for 10.4% of global GDP and 9.9% of total employment, in 2017. India too, is fast becoming a major global destination and will most likely be placed at the third position globally.
Prof.Biwal further added that “As per WTTC India Report 2018, tourism accounted for 9.4% of GDP in 2017 and is forecasted to rise by 9.9% GDP in 2028. In 2017 , the total contribution of Travel and Tourism to employment was 8.0 % and is expected to rise to 8.4% in 2028. “
Mr.Deep Bhong, founder and Managing Director of the institute felicitated a token of Appreciation to Prof.Archana Biwal towards her academic contribution for the past 20+ years. Mr.Bhong addressed the students encouraging entrepreneurship and wished them good luck for the future prospect. Ms. Shweta Bodhe, Head of Academics, Travind Institute concluded the program with vote of thanks.
All the Faculty members of Travind Institute Mrs. Poornima Bramha , Mrs. Pooja Disale , Ms. Pooja Pardesi , Ms.ShrushtiKadaganchi , Ms.Shweta Bodhe ,Mr.RohitDhotre , Mr.SanketSalave , Mr.AashishLagahte were present at the ceremony to felicitate the students on this occasion.
Milestones of the Institute within shorter span of 3 years.
- First Institute of its kind of which The academic operations is run , governed and supported by active Industrial experts
- Pune’s Largest Institute of Tourism with highest capacity of students intake and ultra-modern infrastructure dedicated computer GDS lab, to occupy a strength 100+ candidates at one go
- Tied up with 100 + industrial Placement Partners
- Successful job creation for 250 + profile till date
- Only Institute having “Tourism Literature “ with highest numbers of titles in the Library
- India’s only Institute functioning as “Recognized college ” by ITT,UK – offering Travel and Tourism Diploma and Certificate courses, offering diverse range of programs right from basic conceptual training to proficiency training for advance learning.
- Pioneer in implementing Practicality and industry oriented Travel & Tourism academia , such as Training the candidate on Full-fledged GDS and a live ticketing portal , as well as focusing on country specific Travel Formalities.
One of the top institutes run, governed and supported by a Travel Agency specializing into Visas and a niche vectored Holiday division
Corporate Comm india(CCI NewsWire)