Mrs. Yamuna Ranga Rao honoured for her stellar contribution to the industry.
Hydrabad, MARCH 06, 2018: Hyderabad’s hospitality industry extended its full support to the Ladies In Hospitality seminar held on February 28 at the IHM Campus in the city. The seminar is part of a national programme that is the first serious look at Indian hospitality from the female perspective.
The programme’s purpose is to have these essential conversations and listen to the industry’s voice on: Equal opportunity • A safe work environment • Better career prospects.
Over 200 delegates from all walks of Hyderabad’s fast growing hospitality sector, including the education sector, actively participated in the seven sessions. Of this, perhaps the most emotionally charged session was that of the delegates presenting a standing ovation for almost a minute to Yamuna Ranga Rao, founder principal, IHM Hyderabad and doyen of Andhra & Telangana hospitality. It was an acknowledgement of the tremendous impact of her five-decade career in hospitality education.
The Hyderabad seminar was co-hosted by two of the city’s finest professional hoteliers; Veer Vijay Singh, CEO & MD, Trance Hotels and Suchitra Naidu, Director – Housekeeping, Group Planning & Co-ordination, The Park Hotels.
The other speakers were Seema Mohanchandran, Corporate Director – Sales, Taj Hotels, Vishal Kedia, Founder Director, ComplyKaro and Yamuna Ranga Rao as guest of honour.
The topics discussed were compliance issues & HR best practices, a safe work culture, leadership challenges for ladies, how to prevent & address sexual harassment, manage a crisis situation and set-up a working group in an organisation.
- Yamuna Ranga Rao: “The time has come to discuss these issues. The seminar theme is very appropriate and apt, in our country particularly.”
- Veer Vijay Singh: “The industry is growing very fast & the hotel industry has to adapt too. By 2030, we expect up to 35% of our staff to be ladies. It is 18% now but was only 5% in 1970. Even catering colleges needs to plan and increase women intake. This topic & seminar is perhaps the most needed for our times and I am happy to share my experiences with the new generation. Trance Hotels will continue its efforts to be contemporary and show focus on the latest trends of more ladies as guests and associates.
- Suchitra Naidu: “This theme is essential to the future of the industry; to business owners and our professional colleagues. Sensitive and personal as it may be, it is a conversation whose time has come. There is no sugar coating this or brushing it off.”
The programme is ably supported by Hyderabad’s top hospitality organisations:
- Buzil Rossari
- Richie Raffle
- Telangana State Hotels Association (TSHA).
- Hotel & Restaurant Association of Telangana State (HRATS).
- Professional Housekeepers Association (PHA).
- iProfessional Housekeepers Association (iPHA).
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM).
- Trinity College of Hotel
- International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM).
The Ladies In Hospitality programme is owned & managed by X Events Hospitality. For additional details, contact: Alan D’Mello, email@example.com, +91 99 2040 2412, +91 82916 77716.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)